Re[2]: Spider Performance or What a Alfa is All About

I don't normally get into this kind of discussion, but what the hell.
I'm in a talkative mood tonight so here goes...
You both miss the point entirely. Modifying a street car isn't
necessarily about trying to make it faster than some newer car. If
thats what you want, the fastest thing on the road, then you certainly
don't want an old Alfa. My bone stock 98 Ford Mustang GT will kick my
Spiders ass, in a straight line or a corner, but I still like my
little modified 1750 more. My old Dodge Challenger (very fast, very
modified, scary expensive) was a hell of a lot faster than either the
Spider or the Mustang, but I hardly miss it now that its gone. Its all
about the feel of the vehicle and about making it yours, unlike anyone
else's. Some people get body kits and can mufflers for their Hondas,
some lower their trucks, some like to tweak old sports cars. I don't
race my Spider on the track or the street. I do though like to hear
that little 1750 rip up to its redline and I like knowing it makes a
bit more power than some other 1750s do. I wouldn't mind it making
more but its so sweetly driveable now I don't know if I'll play with
it more or not. Stock is fine if you want a stock car like all the
other stock cars, but some of us just want to make it a bit more
personal, even if it does cost a bit more. Personally I prefer to
modify my cars and bikes. The Mustang will get its when I have the
time and money but the Alfa comes first.

Ed