Headlight Covers

Hello, I'm in the middle of spring fix-up on my 86 Spider.  One thing I've
always admired is the Plex-glass head light covers of the early Spiders.

Questions are:
Who makes the Genuine Covers?
Where can I purchase them?
Are they difficult to install "properly?"
I've seen some that have a chrome ring they fit into.. Most do not?  Which
is original?
Are they tough to keep clean? (it seems as if the wind (dirt) must get
behind them)
Do they defuse the light?
Do they shake, rattle, or otherwise make noise?
Do they tend to disappear?  Lost or stolen?

Thanks again... you people are the best!
Gabriel Forzano
AROC South Florida