gear selector question

digesters,

2.5L milano gold:
i am going to replace my clutch (probably this
weekend), w/ a new unit (i mistakenly wrote "rebuilt"
in an earlier message). while i am down there, it's
clearly an opportune time to address a
shifting problem:
in december i replaced the rear tranny mount, and
since then (but perhaps it was there before to a
lesser extent) i have had some problems engaging some
gears. i have to be extremely slow when engaging
reverse(otherwise i grind), sometimes i  have to
engage 1st and declutch slightly before it lets me in.
also at a stop, i often have to try multiple times
before i can engage 1st (it feels like something is
obstructing the shifter). 3 and 4 engage properly.

i have also replaced donuts (over a year ago), so have
disconnected the gear shift. might i be experiencing
something like a misalignment due to worn front tranny
mounts?

thanks,
ethan schartman
'87 milano gold