OT:Pollution & Old Vehicles

I've heard it takes more energy to make a car than it will burn in its
entire functional lifetime.  It makes sense when you consider the mining of
the raw materials, the creation of the steel, forging of components, etc.

The people who would benefit the most from crushing old cars are of course
the manufacturers.  I can't see this ever getting through though.  There's
too many people in the US that love old cars.

Cheers,
Lawrence

Lawrence Gowin
Level (3) Communications