Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:59:41 -0600 (CST)
From: "Gregory S. Youngblood" <greg@domain.elided>
Subject: Question about smog testing in San Rafael, CA

I've read the various posts about getting your cars
tested for CA smog.

Does anyone know if I will need to have a 74 spider
tested to transfer
ownership? And, if so, is there anything I need to
remember before
going?
The most common thing I can think of would be to make
sure to go in
while
the engine is hot, not cold. Would having Marvel
Mystery Oil in the
fuel
cause problems?

Last, but not least, any recommended places in or near
San Rafael?
Especially some place that might permit me to drop the
car off one
night,
and they know to warm the car up before testing the
next day. If such a
place exists.

Thanks,
Greg