Struck Oil! And coil spark check

STRUCK OIL!

GTV6 wouldn't start today- kept craking, sputtering, trying to start. It
ran great when I parked it.

Pulled the plugs- most were pretty dirty looking with very black
carbon/oil buildup. Well when I pulled the plug closest to the
passengers side seat, The whole plug was filled with fresh oil. The
actual part inside the head was somewhat clean looking, but the part of
the plug where the socket goes was caked with oil. What does this mean?
Blown head gasket or just a leaking valve cover gasket? (I think the
latter)

COIL SPARK CHECK
How does a guy with no volt testing like tools check the coil for spark.
In the olden days we used to pull the coil ire that leads into the
distributor cap, and then put the end within 1/4inch of a ground. Then
if you see the spark jump you have a good coil.

Thanks,
Michael