Re: bushings ... hello again from FrankenSpider

heya

yup, i'm still here.  just not been very involved with the Alfa list
lately, other stuff going on consuming all my time. But FrankenSpider is
still pounding down the miles...

Just as testimonial, I installed a set of Bill's PowerFlex bushings into
FrankenSpider; all the front ones and now all the rear ones. My mechanic
loves them. They work great, make the car feel tighter and more
controllable than fresh stockers.

I had FrankenSpider laid up for about 6-7 months with a very noisy rear
axle. Finally made the decision to go with stock '79 gearing and found a
used axle from Henrik, picked it up in early January. Just got the car
back from the shop. The '79 gearing is way more fun than the later tall
gearing, the gearbox is more useful and FrankenSpider has much more
oomph everywhere now. I still have something of a driveline vibration,
don't know what the story there is yet but it might be a center support
bearing or something like that getting nasty.

BTW, is Henrik still on the list? Been trying to contact him but his
email is giving me a bounce message.

fun fun fun - FrankenSpider's put down almost 40,000 miles since getting
built up!

Godfrey