Question about smog testing in San Rafael, CA

I've read the various posts about getting your cars tested for CA smog.

Does anyone know if I will need to have a 74 spider tested to transfer
ownership? And, if so, is there anything I need to remember before going?
The most common thing I can think of would be to make sure to go in while
the engine is hot, not cold. Would having Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel
cause problems?

Last, but not least, any recommended places in or near San Rafael?
Especially some place that might permit me to drop the car off one night,
and they know to warm the car up before testing the next day. If such a
place exists.

Thanks,
Greg