SoCal Convention Time Trial

Any of you SoCal club members know if the convention time trial this
year, which I understand is being held at the California Speedway,  will
use the "interior" 1.5 mile course; (seems more likely)

http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/CaliforniaSpeedway/maps.cfm?MapStoryID=4421&TemplateDisplayMode=2&TeaserMode=False&PreviewLevel=0&EstablishmentType=T&Establishment_ID=1&;

or the significantly higher speed 2.8 mile "competition" course;

http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/CaliforniaSpeedway/maps.cfm?MapStoryID=4420&TemplateDisplayMode=2&TeaserMode=False&PreviewLevel=0&EstablishmentType=T&Establishment_ID=1&;

I'm debating on buying a new set of track tires or running my "Z" rated
street tires. In the past, sessions at the National events have been
usually been relatively short, so street tires could suffice (at penalty
in speed of course) but if we're going to run 3 digits speeds on the
banking it might justify some new track tires for the occasion.  By the
way I know there are tour laps on the oval at lunch but I don't imagine
the speeds will be maxed out there.

Gerry Lehmann
'86 GTV6 - generally a street queen