Alfa 166 and Used Prices

Looked in the evening paper tonight and there is a 3 year old 3.0 V6 166 for
sale with all the trimmings(leather,CD,SatNav, Aircon etc etc) for #7500.
($11,000 or so)....don't know the miles on it, but this was a #23,000
($34,000) motor car three years ago. 166s are rare here, unlike 156s, so it
has been difficult to judge attitudes to them, and this is the first 166 ever
in our local paper. 166 has clearly sold far less well than 164 did in its
time,but equally, in sales terms 156 has put 164 firmly in the shade as you
see them everywhere. This is one serious car for that kind of money.

This coincided with a new report saying that the average new car in the UK
lost 43% of its value in year one, with the worst depreciation being the Ford
Mondeo and the best the BMW 3 series. As if we Alfa owners didn't know it
already!

Tim Hancock  164TS Lusso  Boston UK