AROC v New Members

In a message dated 01/31/2002 7:52:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Anyone can "justify" the cost to themselves, you want to compare it [AROC
> membership] to the
> Ferarri Club or the Seirra Club go ahead. What you need to do is justify it
>
> to possible NEW MEMBERS!!!

As things stand, I would say that membership has remained remarkable stable
(even a slight increase) in the past few years, which is remarkable since in
the USA new members can mostly be drawn form the ranks of those who have
recently gotten back on their financial feet or recently bought an old car,
and these groups are surely more than offset by those who have sold an old
car or whose old car has come to the end of the long, long driveway of time,
or who have, themselves, gone on to that great oil change in the sky.

Youse wants new members?  Youse gotta be selling new cars and growing the
universe of owners that is currently shrinking!

Film at 11.

Charlie
LA., CA, USA