Sport Sedan....... Alfetta <77

Replying to John (my car appreciates very much your
compliments!) so the mistery is no more a mistery.
Another thing I would like to know is if the '78 (our
'77) model has the brown dashboard. All our '77
Alfetta 2.0 have it, then changed in the two colours
'78 Alfetta 2.0 L until '81 when the Alfetta 2.0 L was
sold as "EC - extra confort: light alloy wheels and
air conditioned as standard equipment" and the dash
bocome a dark grey one colour.
Then in december 1981 was launched the "Alfetta '82"
(my car), dashboard completely one colour dark grey,
with the same body for all the models.
Until '81 infact only the 2000 and the Turbo Diesel
had the SPort Sedan body, 1.6 and 1.8 were produced
with the first Alfetta's body. The '82 and '83 models
are the only Alfetta 1.6 and 1.8 with the "large
body", square headlamps and so on.
The '83 model had some differences in dashboard, a
larger instrument cluster with the check control and,
on the Quadrifoglio Oro injection Bosch motronic, also
the trip computer.

What about the Spica? We had two models equipped with
Spica injection system, and its fame become to be a
bad injection system.
The first experiment was the "Alfetta Li America",
probably a remake of the '78 Sport Sedan that returned
in Italy. These car become rusty before the same year
Alfetta 2.0 L, so we can suppose they were older than
1981. Curious the fact that the instrument cluster
could be in km/h or in mp/h without clear request of
the buyer. This is written in the "owner's manual
attached", even if I saw only 2 Li, both with km/h
instrument cluster. The dash was with the "wood" trim
and the seats were in a new design velour, than fitted
also on the mentioned "EC" and, quite similar, fitted
on the 2000 and 2000 TD '82 Alfetta + 1600, 1800 and
2000 TD '83 Alfetta. Surely the body was the Sport
Sedan body, with the shock bumper assorb., the holes
in on the rock panels (instead than the side markers
there was a "2.0 LI" trim rear and the turn indicator
in front. Typical of USA model was also the license
plate lighter "the roof" and the scripts "ALFA ROMEO"
on the trunk lid (right), on the left a trim with on
written simply "AMERICA".
These Li were 1300. In the same days was launched in
Switzerland a limited edition of Alfetta "Si". Law in
Switzerland permit the side markers, and infact the Si
are the same of the Sport Sedan, with the same
lighting system except the front turn indicator: as
the Li, these are two colours, white for dim lights
and amber for turn indicator. In Italy Li was only
manual and grey methallic, in Switzerland there were
other colours, and I remember an Si brown, with
leather interior (optional, also in pack to spend
less) and light alloy wheels "gold". A difference from
the Li was about the transmission: the Si was also "Si
A", with ZF automatic trans. Also available was the
Alfetta GT Si, the same as "Sprint Veloce" in US.

The other Alfetta Spica experiments was totally
italian. In july 1982 Alfa launch the richest Alfetta.
The "Quadrifoglio Oro" is built starting from the '82
euro model but has: 4 headlamps (grills brown), euro
bumpers with plastic insterts and corners brown, body
coluour only brown and grey (both methallic). light
alloy wheels as the US Sprint Veloce. Interior: brown
'82 dash, "wood" steering and "gear", ivory velour,
electric front seats, all power windows, 4 head
holders ect. etc. Engine was the 016.58 Spica. Only in
Italy the Q.Oro was available only with the 016.58
engine. The Q.Oro to the foreign markets were equipped
with the usual 016.55 carbs. 130 cv engine.
Due to the problems with this Spica system, Alfa Romeo
sold since end of 1982 also in Italy the carbs. Q.Oro,
no producing anymore the Spica Alfetta. After 4
months, in april '83, the Q.Oro Alfetta was launched,
with the motronic bosch system.

A notice about the taxi: Alfetta's taxi were produced
(10) as test for the CEM system. These were Li America
models equipped with the 013.34 engine CEM then used
for a small lot (991) of Alfetta 2.0 CEM produced on
the body '82 in the beginning of the 1983 (infact
these are all built with the mods. introduced in '82
models since june '82). I hope it was interesting to
you all.
Anyway, who has the '79 Sport Sedan brochure please
send me a colour copy of, at least, the dashboard. I
dindn't see the '79 brochure, having only 3 copies of
the '78 Sport Sedan & Sprint Veloce.
Ciao

Leonardo