AROC and what are dues worth to me

I personally love Alfa events.  I try to go to everyone that I can.  Interacting with Alfa owners is just great.  I wish AROC would do more than just the annual convention.  I also wish more the the meets are on the NE side.  Now for the $60, it is a bit to swallow.  For me the newsletter I couldn't care about because its the worst newsletter I've ever picked up from a club.  If you look at the Mercedes club (Star Mag.) or the BMW club's (Roundels) newsletters they actually have interest articles and helpful info.  I've received more help from the digest then I've ever did from reading the newsletter!  The stuff for sale is out dated, most of it is sold from the last issue.  Its a waste, keep your newsletter.  I've been paying my dues to go to Alfa events.  I don't mind paying dues or an increase in dues if I'm getting something back in return (more events maybe?).  I will basically be paying $60 to go to one convention a year.

I believe that this issue should be up for discussion on the AD, we are after all Alfa fans, and yes some of us are not members (understandably why), but those of us who are should have a say to the rest of the Alfa world.  So who are these BOD to take away are first amendment right to free speech?

Should we compare ourselves to other car clubs? Absolutely!  How else can measure ourselves and better ourselves?  Not by measuring ourselves to the sierra club (someone mentioned).  You can't, not that the sierra club is bad, but you have to compare apples to apples.  We (as AROC) do not measure up to the other car club.  We (as AROC) as members wise, I believe have the have the best members of all the clubs.  Everyone is always nice to each other and helpful to each other.  Whereas the clubs the members are looking to out do each other!

Yes, $60 is a perceived value, but there are things you can use to backup that perceived value of the price of Redline oil, but where are the backups for the perceived values of the AROC.  Yes, having Fred to help is great, and the conventions are great, but where are the rest of stuff that goes along with being in a club?  The other clubs have it, so when are we (the AROC BOD) going to realize that we have to use the other clubs as measuring stick and start bring ours up to par?

And what the deal with not making the AD an offical part of the AROC?  Are the AROC BOD afraid they'll screw the AD up too?

Alan
88 Milano 3.0
Been a member for ????