1974 Spider came home - and a few questions

I just got home a few minutes ago with a 1974 Spider. It's rough around
the edges and will need some TLC. It also has some dents.

I was really pleased coming off the Golden Gate bridge and going up the
grade in 5th. Starting at about 45 mph it accelerated smoothly to about
60/65 without much effort at all. Other cars I've driven up that grade
(all automatics) have to down shift just to maintain speed going up. Nice
strong motor. [My wife didn't appreciate my up and leaving her behind. :)]

I'm going to be buying the Spider bible reference many times on the list,
as well as Wes Ingram's book on the Spica. I didn't buy them before since
I didn't know for sure I was going to get the car.

Now for my questions:

1. The throttle light - what is that supposed to indicate? Since I was
driving at night I was able to see it flickering while I was cruising on
the highway. It would seem to go out when under acceleration, almost
saying "Hit the gas, see what I can do!" Now I'm sure it's not there
to egg you into going faster and faster. Or is it? :) What is it for?

2. Leaks when raining. I don't know every place, but I do know that the
biggest leak seems to be from the doors - there's a strip of rubber that
looks like it should be touching the glass. Unfortunately it sticks out
about 1/4 of an inch. Is this a common problem? What's the best way to fix
it?

3. This is the first real Alfa that I've driven more than just a couple of
miles. My other Alfa (an 87 Milano currently in MN) still needs a fair
amount of TLC before it's a good daily driver. The car has a certain noise
while being driven - especially in the lower gears. Unfortunately I don't
have anything to reference - it could be normal, it could be something I
need to give attention to. Is anyone near San Rafael, CA that might be
available to listen to the car and give a little guidance at some point?

4. Gas - the guage was almost empty and the light was on solid when I
picked the car up. I immediately drove it across the street and dumped in
a little Mystery Oil and filled the tank. It took about 9.3 gallons. How
big is the tank? When I got back in, the guage only went up to about the
halfway point. Plus, when I'd rev the engine, the guage would move a
little - as if the voltage change from revving the engine was moving the
gas guage. I am guessing the float or similar mechanism in the tank could
need adjusting. Or did I fill it too fast and stop at half way full?

5. Are there any good (and reasonably priced) body shops in or near San
Rafael, CA that do good work on alfas?

And, last but not least,

6. Are there any good mechanics or shops that are good with 74 era spiders
in or near San Rafael, CA in case I need to have some work done that I
can't do?

I know I've got a lot of work ahead of me to really get everything the way
I want it. Even my wife is coming around -- suggesting "custom seats"
instead of a pulling seats from a newer model car, special high intensity
headlights, and "no, you can't put rally lights on this car, they'd mess
up the classic lines of the car". Oh yeah, and "paint it gunmetal grey".
:) Not bad considering she doesn't like convertables and can't figure out
why I like these "alfas".

Thanks,
Greg