Source for Bosch parts on the cheap?

       I have been buying distributor caps and rotors for the Bosch L
Jetronic spider for the local Bosch store.  They mostly carry VW parts, but
these parts are shared with some VW.
       I have a generic O2 sensor I got from JC Whitney or somewhere.  It is
the single wire one for the early cars.  However, I generally just disconnect
them when they go bad.
       Disconnecting the O2 sensor does not seem to hurt on a race car.
However, my wife's daily driver 91 Spider has been running a year now with
the O2 sensor disconnected.  It still gets good gas mileage and seems to run
fine.  The only problem is the check engine light comes on now.
       This is probably not the politically correct solution.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City