How much rust is acceptable?

I'm still looking for a GTV but I cannot find a rust-free one for under
$10,000USD.  Every time I talk to a seller, he tells me wonderful things
about the car and then casually mentions a "little" rust on the rockers, or
at the base of the windshield, or on the C pillar, or in the trunk.  This
always gives me pause because where there's a "little" rust, there's always
more rust.

So, do I keep looking for that rust-free GTV or do I buy something with a
"little" rust and fix it?  What areas of rust are terminal?  These are the
areas that keep coming up in order of frequency:

1) C pillars
2) rockers/door sills
3) base of windshield
4) rear lip of hood
5) trunk under the spare tire

My intention is to have a very good #2 car.  Something between a driver and
a show car.