Re: GTV6/Milano wheels

> The 'phone dial' wheels that came on the earliest Milanos (in the US,
> anyway) are either very similar, or identical, to the ones on the last
> GTV6s.  Does anyone know if they are from the same vendor?  I know the
> GTV6 wheels were Speedline.  Might Alfa have been using up the leftover
> GTV6 supply on the first Milanos, just to get rid of them?

The last GTV6s had the 15" wine-glass style Speedline rims--similar to the
Milano Platinum--although some Verdes had these wheels as well. The "phone
dial" wheels (not to be confused with the metric TRX wheels) were 15" with
19--count 'em--19 holes (OK I cheated and looked in Braden's Bible--p. 183).

This is pretty academic as most all of the GTV6/Milano wheels can be more or
less swapped back and forth--by owners or by dealers, but in terms of the
Alfa sales brochures from the '80s, I don't recall seeing the GTV6 being
factory equipped with the 15" Verde phone dials.

Chris Robyn
SF Bay Area
'91 168
'88 Range Rover