Re: 75 Revolution Wheels

John H. says  <I am also interested in Keith Walker's mention that the 5 spoke
"Revolution"
wheels were fitted as an option in the UK in both 14" and 15" sizes. >

I had 14" five spoke Revolutions on my 75TS as a dealer fit option as the TS
came with steel wheels and plastic trims as stock. I never saw any 15" ones
about and the 2.5 Auto and 3.0 75s had Alfa alloys as standard fitment so were
less likely candidates for retro-fit.

The (British made) Revolutions looked great and really improved the look of
the TS, but I found them troublesome on two counts. The paint finish flaked
badly at quite an early stage. More annoying from a safety angle was the
stainless steel valve stems which leaked air like crazy as soon as there was
the slightest hint of corrosion round the valve aperture. Not what you want in
a slow car, never mind a fast one. The common sense answer would have been to
rip them out and fit good ol' rubber valves, but vanity triumphed and I had
the tyres removed and the holes cleaned and refinished...which cured it for
about six months until it started again.

I never had Keiths problem with wheel balance weights fouling the brake
caliper as I insisted on very slimline adhesive weights being used to avoid
damage to the wheel finish (Oh those were the days.....I'm just happy to have
an Alfa at all now ).

Tim Hancock  164TS Lusso   Boston UK

P.S. I deliberately did not join in the 'computers' thread.....but I can boast
a green cloverleaf as my cursor symbol..which comes from the Cloverleaf
Register website courtesy of Comet Cursor. Its very jolly and can be found on
their website www.pipeandslippers.net

However.....up in my loft I still have an Amstrad 8512  with a 3.7mhz
processor. It still works perfectly after nearly 17 years and I haven't the
heart to chuck it out.....like the 75 TS factory roof bars which haven't seen
a 75 for over ten years....the list is endless and I admit to being a sad
specimen.