Cruise control

Hello again,
Let's try this one again....I'm taking a 3000+ mile trip this spring and
I'm thinking I better find a way to "Cruise Control" my type 3
spider.  First, did the type 4 or type 3 quads offer cruise control.. If
so, is it available, and can anyone give me feedback on what it's like to
install..
If I remember correctly my 64 Sprint had a mechanical cruise control??  If
so is that available and doable on my 86 spider... anything to rest my
right foot on those 10 hour days behind the wheel..
Gabriel Forzano
AROC South Florida