Totally off-topic

First, althought I've been reading the 'Digest a long time, I haven't
written much.  Life's been too busy, and I didn't have an Alfa for several
months.  In fact, I thought of lettings my days of Alfa Romeo ownership pass
by, like a fond memory of a time in my past.

Then I went and bought a 1985 Spider on a whim.  Just like my first Alfa
(which was my favorite.)

But that's not the reason for the post.  I have a question for those in the
know.  My daughter is rapidly approaching 16 (34 days to go) and of course
wants a car.  No way she's getting the Alfa or the BMW.  I'd prefer
something more... disposable... in case of accident.

I seem to remember Pat Braden went to work for Hyundai in some capacity.
And Hyundai makes the (relatively) disposable Accent.  10 years ago, their
quality was poor, but they offer impressive warranties, and the cars don't
seem so shoddy.

So my question: has anybody heard anything, owned or driven a LATE-MODEL
Hyundai?  Or knew somebody?  Feel free to reply offline to
warrenwood@domain.elided

Thanks!

Howard K. Warren, Sherwood, AR
1995 BMW 318ti, "WhiteHawk", 58k miles