Beat It - or how does one get silent bushes out without factory tools?

Actually the subject says it all.

Just counted the number of Required Factory Tools in the Alfetta factory
workshop manual 'merely' covering transmission / suspension / vehicle
height & geometry / steering gear / brakes. Wanna guess? Nah, too low -
85 of those buggers.

I ain't got None.

Apparently one Digester, who I won't mention his name (bs), always
replies, "I use the factory tool."

Was it written somewhere when one bought an Alfa Romeo you were an idiot
not to buy every Factory Tool along with one's new steed? Or else live
on eBay?

(Whine, whine, whine) I have a new rear transaxle silent bush. As
mentioned previously, it's exterior is serrated rubber and measures
54.65 mm. The hole it is to go into is 47.95 mm. Note: This is a
difference of 6.7 mm. (The shop manual shows two Factory Tools for this
maneuver).

I also have a new front transaxle silent bush which measures 62.3 mm. It
needs to go into a hole which is 59.8 mm. (There are no Factory Tools
shown for this installation).

Had this car been built today (using the same engineering) I could
visualize robots with precise clamping tools which would squish said
silent bushes, whilst inserting them into their respective holes.

Ain't gonna happen. And suspect even with the Factory Tools, each of
these operations would be a muther-____nightmare.

Rubber does not slide easily across metal, anytime. Compressed rubber
will not remotely go easily into the night. I'd personally guess it
would take around 5,000 pounds pressure to force the rear bushing into
the hole. Then what happens to the bushing itself while it is being
pushed and prodded?

After we've solved these two, I then need to replace the oil seals on
the transaxle's shift mechanism and the pinion (?) shaft.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Let's see now, 47.95 into 54.65 is 0.8774016. Doesn't look like a good
fit to me.