SUVs

I hate to get it on this, but I feel compelled to point out that even
the best of us make mistakes, or at least get forced into situations
(like Vasco's) where there is no collision-free way out, and the
simple truth is that you're several times less likely to kill
somebody if you're driving a modern, unibody passenger car with
bumpers at the proper height, crumple zones, and less than two tons
of mass.  I don't think I need to bring up on this forum the fact
that such "real" cars can also avoid a lot of accidents that
top-heavy, softly-sprung, overweight trucks riding on antiquated
suspension technology can't, no matter how skilled the driver.  If
you need a truck for your job or a primary hobby, fine, but
otherwise, trucks masquerading as passenger cars are just as, if not
more inexcusable than the low standards the USA maintains for driver
training.