Alfetta rear wheel bearings

Youse guys (and gal) are champs. In V8 #382 Ethan Schartman offered to
loan me his bearing retaining-ring tool to help remove my growly right
rear wheel bearings.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

However, I am somewhat copping out and switching the DeDion tubes
(including rear wheel bearing assemblies) from new ('79 Alfetta GT) to
old ('75 Alfetta GT) car. Do remember, I'm also doing the same with the
transaxles, so it's 'only' another 20 nuts or so.

So far I've removed both transaxles and old cars DeDion tube. Need to do
the old switcheroo over the weekend. Unfortunately Friday is a no-no
day. Oh she who etc. (the property manager), comes on Fridays (no
comments please on my phrasing). Since new car has been on waivers
sitting outside, working on the car in front of my unit is Definitely
Verboten. So the weekend is when all the important stuff gets donelike
painting rims, etc.

Yes, double checked, jacked up back of new car and spun each tire.
Sounded awfully good to me...by not sounding at all.

Ethan, might still take you up on your offer in the not too distant
future. Much appreciated.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA