improving Spider acceleration

Olive Oil is an '87 spider, so she's such a dud when it comes to power.
Sometimes I wish I had a '73/'74 &:-). Anyway, this weekend my friend
Greg is going to help me FINALLY replace her failed water pump (sounds of
dropping jaws all over the world.) He thinks he could at the same time
improve straight-line acceleration... he has a line on some old
government surplus JATO units.

Question is, where to mount them?

Tess
what's the emoticon for tongue-in-cheek?