re: Cromadora wheel restoration

>Paul Leone wrote:
>
>Hello all,
>
>Recently I purchased a set of 14 x 6 Daytona style Cromadoras that need to
>be refinished before installing on my US spec 72 GTV..
>
>2)There are a few coats of silver spray paint that must go.  For this
>  job I'm thinking that media blasting is preferable to chemical paint
>  strippers, so can anyone who has experience with this suggest the
>  appropriate media?

Baking soda is a good choice for a soft metal like aluminum, it leaves little
or no texture on the bare metal but can still remove paint.  My bro' in-law
used baking soda to clean off an aluminum 70's Chevy truck grill that had been
painted but was otherwise perfect; it came out looking new.

Cheers,

Tony
74 GTV