re: Spider 2000 vs Alfetta 2000

"Simple question for someone who knows; is there any difference in
engine format between 2000cc Spider and 2000cc Alfetta (Sports Sedan)?"

Gregg, I think the flywheels are different.  I believe the mounting
bolts (crankshaft) may be different as well.  Anyone?  At any rate, you
need to do your part for the Alfetta Search & Rescue Society (Sub group
of the AR Search & Rescure Society founded by the honorable AlfaBill).
Many of us in NWARC have saved Alfetta GTs surely to be sent to the
crusher & are enjoying them for the most part.**  Heck I've ended up
with two GTs so far!  You should be able to p/u a running Alfetta motor
for next to nothing.

Cheers,
Zach
Redmond, WA

**  I have yet to fire my street car up.  I did have a go at Webster's
Alfetta on a solo tool run to Sears.  She drifted beautifully in the wet
entering the freeway onramps ;-)