Re: alfa-digest V8 #378

John,

I had to heat mine with a propane torch after soaking.  Anyway, you're doing
the right thing, beating/soaking/heating/twisting(vise grip).  They'll come
loose.  Just try not to twist off or bend the studs, or hurt the threads.

Previous feedback on the headers vs. exhaust manifolds is that the manifolds
were well designed, and headers make the accelerator feel 'lighter'

I would think the intake setup is the right place to look for freer flow,
since you're really driving a race car on the street.

Great story on 'Raising them right'_Need to get my son into the act.  He's
almost two.  I'll tell him to go install the emergency brake cable.

- Landon
'82 GTV6
Austin