Re:164 failed smog (CAT)

Hi Rich,

I suggest visiting www.burnsstainless.com and order a 2-1 merge
collector with the following specs:
2" inlets and a 2.5" outlet with about 1.5"  seperation between the
inlets. Get the mild steel version for about $140 with an O2 sensor
fittin welded on. Their collector is a work of art! I am using it on my
car.

I know the S downpipes are a little small, like 1.75" so maybe this is
your opportunity to go with 2" downpipes. Heck why not go the extra
mile and do an equal length downpipe like the one shown on
www.unicorse.co.jp (look for the 155 V6 exhaust system). Then go to
ww.rrengineering.com and get their highflow 2.5" 1 in 1 out cat for
$99. Some fabrication needs to be done, but nothing too major. That
should do it.

BTW, I haven't scraped much yet with my new exhaust system in my
lowered Milano. But the design sure beats the heck out of the stupid
original Alfa design. The stock Milano/GTV6 cat, and exhaust system was
a royal pain in the a** to install and remove. Slip joints, yuck!

My new system is all flanged (ok rear one still a stebro so it's a slip
joint....for now). I fabricated a 2.5" exhaust system for my mom's GTV6
3.0 (with SZ headers). Now that's fully flanged, fits well, quiet and
the car really moves.

Zamani
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/