Re: alfa-digest V8 #370 - Milano Verdi

       The Milano is a wonderful car to drive.  Room for the family and
handling for a bit sport while doing it.  Plus it is the last of the CORRECT
wheel drive Alfa sedans.  And you can fix them.  They do not have stepper
motors and other weird stuff like the 164.  There are more electrical devices
than an Alfetta or Berlin, but not impossibly so for a shade tree mechanic.
      My wife really likes the power of the Milano.  She thinks it merges
into traffic much nicer than her 91 Spider.  The V-6 is a very reliable, very
strong engine.  The 3.0 would have even more power than my 2.5, but a less
favorable final drive ratio.
      Warning.  The above is personal observation based upon ownership of a
2.5 Milano for approximately 100,000 of its 175,000 total miles.  I have
never owned a 3.0 Milano nor a wrong wheel drive 164.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City