RE:2L head bolts - I meant studs

Hi All,

Continuing on the thread.

I was told by a knowledgable person that the head retaining studs are in
fact welded to a steel girdle which is placed into the casting mould before
the ali is poured.  I know that certain studs suffer from corrosion more
than others, IIRC the two near the rear on the intake side of the block seem
to waste away faster than the others.  Any body confirm the story about the
stud girdle??

John Fielding

Durban
South Africa

Alfetta 1.8L turbo

BTW

I thoroughly agree with the comments made by  Dave Jarman, Lexington, KY USA
about email correctness, but still enjoy some of the comments about "old
history".  FWIW the written history facts about  a particular country has as
much to do with the author opinion and interpretation of the said facts as
to what really happened.  A case in point is that the history of recent
events in this country have had to be drastically revised since the death of
apartheid.