- Landon
'82 GTV6 Balocco
Austin

In a message dated 1/11/02 11:38:37 PM, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:20:13 -0600
From: "B.D. & Petei Zelazny" <bdz.pz@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Removing all plastic trim from a GTV-6

Russell E Bryant wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to remove the trim from my 83 GTV-6 without breaking
> the mounting tabs?

Don't worry about breakin' those plastic mountin' thingies. Last time I
checked, the
Alfa service folks I use in Texas had  'em! Same goes for the ones that hold
the hood
(bonnet) insulation on. Check your Alfa parts/service provider(s).

As John Torello indicated, the real problem could be the rust that's hidin'
under the
side skirts. While you're at it, it might not be a bad idea to remove the
inside wheel
well covers (is there a better word for these things?) where, over time, dirt
and
debris collects and holds deadly moisture that eats holes under the side
skirts. AMHIK!

Where ya' at anyway??

'nardo
Alpine, TX
low mileage '83 GTV6 (almost 388k [s]miles)