re: cheap cats

someone was asking about cheap(er) cat. converters. try:
http://www.discountconverter.com/
(i have no financial stake in them, etc) they have direct
fit cats & universal fit cats. give them an e-mail to determine
which will work for your car.

another thingy you may try is just calling muffler shops
around town & getting quotes on them welding in a new cat.

I had the cat done that way in my spider. Installed price
about $140. Much cheaper than even buying the part and
they did it while I had lunch.

dave in houston
86 spider grad is back on the road! (hey loosej wanna go
driving? kinda cold now...)