scraping bottom, still (was: mirrors)

Jack Rugh notes that his 1969, US 1750 GT Veloce came with a no-logo, plated,
round mirror, definitely. Makes great sense. The logo mirror 105.64.61.017.00
had its first use, according to Alfa parts numbering conventions, on the
production version of the 105.64 Montreal which was introduced as a 1971 car
at the 1970 Geneva show. It shows up in my USA 1750 GT Veloce parts books on
one of the 'aggiornamento' pages which replaced the corresponding page which
had been in the parts book when published in 1969 and which, implicitly,
differed. How quickly after the introduction of the Montreal the mirror
migrated down to current production of what some (but not I) would consider
lesser cars is another question, but its presence on a car built before the
introduction of the Montreal would seem to be a slight, albeit forgivable,
anachronism, evidently sanctioned for replacements by Arese as shown by its
inclusion for all 105 cars in the 1974 Catalogo Rapido. (:-) to you, too, most
estimable Rugh.

Cordially,

John H.

Rughly, N.C.