Re: why I like Berkeley

that's why i love berkeley too.  i remember hank at
britalia had a red super with a hot 1750 in it, back
when i was a customer of theirs in the early 90's.

anybody seen or heard from jim guigli lately?  he
helped start my addiction, back when i worked with him
at LBL.

cheers,
ian lomax
sf, ca
go bears!

--- "Watry, Andrew (LNG-MBC)"
<Andrew.Watry@domain.elided> wrote:
> I apologize in advance for the local geographic
> detail and the East Bay
> regional crowing:
>
> I was driving up Shattuck Ave in Berkeley in my
> ratty green Super yesterday
> afternoon with my kids, when I caught up with a very
> nice white Super that
> lives up in the Berkeley Hills. The driver waved,
> and then peeled off to
> head up to the Marin Circle. Just then as I was
> turning onto Hopkins, here
> came a maroon Super with TZ wheels around the
> corner, a car which I believe
> the owner has put a TwinSpark engine in with lots of
> machining help from
> Norman Racing.  Now I ask you, where else is the US,
> if not the world, would
> there be three Giulia Supers at one intersection at
> once, not on an Alfa
> club outing, being driven as regular cars? Cool!
>
> Andrew Watry
> Berlina Register (check out ebay item 600305981, a
> not-mine, for-sale
> Berlina formerly from Fremont, CA, with a STARTING
> bid of $4950, that the
> current owner claims to have spent over $15,000 on.
> Jeez)
>
> --
> to be removed from alfa, see
> /bin/digest-subs.cgi