Of Split Hoses and Split Bushings...

Thanks AlfaBill for the link to the hose photo!  I had already seen it, and
I have the piece of hose and the clamps ready!

Thanks also for info on the split Dog Bone bushes.  I bought a complete set
of SuperPro from Fulcrum Suspensions late last year I now only have the dog
bone and the rear trailing arm bushes to install.  As these are made here
in Australia, I just had to support these guys - it is pitiful how little
of our manufacturing remains in Australia these days (and with our weak
dollar, importing anything is bloody expensive!).

I have already done the front A-arm and sway bar bushes, and so far I'm
impressed with the performance.  Pressing the rear bushes in was a bit
daunting at first, then I hit on this method:

* Grease up the bushing with lots of the red grease.
* Mount the bushing and the fitting in a vice.
* Wrap a large hose clamp just behind the flange on the leading edge - use
a hose clamp that can be thightened with a small socket instead of just a
screwdriver.  Use lots more grease.
* Tighten the vice a little.  Tighten the hose clamp a little.  Keep
repeating this process - this will pull the leading edge in enough to slide
into the fitting.
* Once the flange is in the fitting, remove the hose clamp, then push the
bushing in the rest of the way with the vice.  You're done!

I think that this method will be needed for the big dog-bone mount.   I'll
let you know if it works!

Cheers,
John Wiltshire

PS - Anyone got a 164 air filter for AB's project???

are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.