Re: alfa-digest V8 #355 - Engine mounts, elbows and incantations

>Russ Neely wrote:
>Tony,
>      I am confused by your comment about there being three pairs of bolts.

On my car, there are:

1.  2 bolts holding a metal bracket to the block  (fodder for a future digest
trivia contest -- this may be the only place on my engine and trans where 2
metal surfaces meet that is not slathered with orange silicone gasket
sealer...)
2.  2 bolts holding the same metal bracket to the rubber mount
3.  2 bolts (or perhaps more correct, 1 bolt and 1 nut and stud) holding the
rubber mount to the cross member.

Consensus on- and off-digest has been to disconnect the rubber mount from the
cross member.  I've got a set of ratcheting box-ends that will probably make
that a bit easier, and I'll probably try to stretch the rubber mount a bit by
putting a jack under the engine (with lots of padding, of course).  I'll admit
it -- I was hoping for a solution that didn't require any more time on the
cold concrete...  Go ahead, call me a wimp!

Thanks for all the help.

Tony
74 GTV (getting closer to silicone reduction surgery)