Re: What It Would Take To Make New Alfas Competitive in America

Let's face it - - any new Alfa will be offered here for more than
$30,000. - - most likely $40,000. and up.  The ONLY WAY I'd buy one would be
if it offered dazzling performance with better than 12 lbs. per HP ratio,
and some exciting motor - -  not a "4" of any kind, and not a
normally-aspirated 3 liter V6.  Such things are a dime-a-dozen.

For GM/FIAT to sell Alfa Romeo cars here they're going to have to be
OUTSTANDING in every way in order to overcome the fear that the average Joe
Shmoe buyer will have, and the trepidation we old Alfa enthusiasts now have
due to the baggage from the past.  If GM/FIAT offers anything less,
everyone will write their checks for a Japanese or a German performance car.

Can't they recall that the glories of Alfa Romeo are related to PERFORMANCE
CARS and not little "me-too" sedans, coupes, and spiders?

I'm not holding my breath, or saving my money.

Mr. Goose