Re: avoiding German automobiles

> Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:10:56 -0500 (EST)
> From: Mel Odious <doskow@domain.elided>
> Subject: avoiding German automobiles
>
> hey, it's not just retired grandparents in Florida,
> i wasn't even born yet when WW2 was going on, but
> the idea of buying an automobile from a company, &
> to a lesser extent some of the same people, who
> greatly profitted from slave labor & murder, in the
> goal of murder & enslavement of the rest of the world,
> will forever keep me from owning a mb, bmw, porsh or (ford).

Hahaha!! Sorry to laugh at such a serious subject as
slavery and murder... but there is such an incredible
irony in that you just pretty much described, in some
shape or form, what *every* major car producing nation's
government has been guilty of attempting.  Think about
it.. (ok, maybe not the Swedes & Koreans :)

I think this comes from the fact we get most of our
history through movies these days...

Anywya, be against all forms of bigotry, as wise doug
said... even for people who make "Porsches". ;]

ciao,
ryan