avoiding German AND ITALIAN automobiles

At Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:10:56 -0500 (EST) Mel Odious  wrote:
>hey, it's not just retired grandparents in Florida,
>i wasn't even born yet when WW2 was going on, but
>the idea of buying an automobile from a company, &
>to a lesser extent some of the same people, who
>greatly profitted from slave labor & murder, in the
>goal of murder & enslavement of the rest of the world,
>will forever keep me from owning a mb, bmw, porsh or (ford).
>jak

OK... but even Benito Mussolini (Italian leader of Fascism, later allied
with Hitler's Germany) has been somehow involved with Alfa Romeo (just see
http://www.quicklink.ms/alfa.html
and also
http://www.cyberact.net/varln/history2.htm )
and he even owned one

http://www.gammamodels.com/schede/klm016.html
and

http://www.steutel.com/garage.html?http://www.steutel.com/pre_war/AR-6c-230
0-1937.html
and it seems he saw alfa as an Italian great symbol... (on this site
you can even see Nuvolari and Mussoini togheter:
http://www.tazionuvolari.it/bio2_uk.htm )
He also PROBABLY saved it from total collapse.

So... unless you prefer Fascism rather than German's Nazism or Japanese's
WW2,
don't you think you shouldn't be involved into Alfa passion? :>

If I don't buy a german car it is because I don't like it or can't afford
it or just because I am not interested about it... but quite frankly I don't
really care about what has happened in the world before my birth.  Moreover
keeping on with those "revenge" feeling will take us nowhere. The only thing
we should remember is nothing more than what we need for avoiding
further mistakes (...and we don't, sadly) and completely forget all these
craps separating people and nations in the age during which we're all getting
bound togheter (Internet, globalization, union of europe  and so on). If I
should
avoid buying  all the products built in countries with some dark times back
in the
years, I woudln't own a car, wouldn't own a motorcycle, would just walk
around...
and w/o my american brand shoes. Also my throat would run dry: it'd miss some
good German branded beers. ;)

Luca

PS: raise your Alfa Romeo hood, and check out how many "Made in Germany"
parts
are installed under there..... ;-)  hehehe

nodoubt,
crashed 937 landpilot
"I like anything that don't talk." King Benny - Sleepers
937RS2, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://www.geocities.com/twowheels_99