Electronic Rust Converter

Last year I had my 105 Alfa repainted. The car was totally stripped back to
bare metal and all rust etc repaired. About three months later some rust
appeared under the paint. The panel shop said that this was to be expected
considering the age of the car. I told them that I had done rust repairs
many years before and these areas had not rusted since. They fixed the rust
I had complained about but also suggested that I buy an Electronic gadget
which stops any rust appearing again as well as stopping the car rusting in
the future. Apparently this device sends a small electric current through
all the metal body parts on the car. The cost was approx $500 for this
device but I haven't bought one yet as I can't believe that it really
works. Has anybody ever heard of this gadget and do they really work?
Bert
Brisbane
Australia
1971 GT Junior 1300