Engine mounts, elbows and incantations

Started prepping the GTV for engine/trans pull last weekend.  Not much garage
time lately, it was rejuvenating!  Got most everything unhooked except the
trans support and the engine mounts -- haven't picked up the hoist yet.

Noticed that the passenger side (LHD here in the USA, so that would be the
intake side) engine mount offers few options to reach the bolts.  On the
bracket that goes between the engine and the mount, access to the bolts is
fouled by construction of said bracket and the SPICA mount.  One of the bolts
holding the mount to the car subframe is easy, but the other is under the
engine and looks to require a 1" diameter arm with two elbows to reach it.
Basically, there are three pairs of bolts that, if both were removed, would
free this side of the engine, but in all cases one bolt of the pair is
obstructed.  I *might* be able to use a universal joint socket, I'm going to
give that a try.  I am replacing the mounts, so I could just go caveman and
carve through the rubber with the Sawzall, but that doesn't really help me
come install time.

Any better ideas gained from experience?

On another note, While checking to see what cap, rotor and points I should add
to my "list of parts to install while the engine is out", I discovered that my
1974 GTV has Marelli Plex electronic ignition.  I know this finicky Eye-talian
car is supposed to require constant maintenance to keep it on the road, but it
is a contrary beast and just starts up and runs with little drama each and
every time I ask it, so I've never really looked at the distributor before
(now my X1/9, THERE was a car that earned it's "fix it again Tony" rep!).
This can't be original from the factory.  Big clue -- the bolts holding the
coil have nuts that are not tack-welded to the fender liner, and are not
painted.

On still another note, remember that thread of "did too - did not" about
factory air in 115 GTV's?  Since everything for the A/C on my car except the
evaporator and hoses were removed prior to my ownership, I decided to finish
the job.  What I found under the dashboard settles it for me -- this is
unquestionably a factory engineered and installed A/C setup.  The case that
holds the evaporator also holds the heater core, and it is an integral molding
with the case for the fan.  The cables for the heater temp and air source are
mounted to brackets that are part of this housing.  All the hose holes in the
firewall were there when the factory paint went on, and all use identical
rubber grommets.  I wanted to yank the evap and swap in a non-A/C console, but
I'm starting to think that's a fool's game (which for a change I've
acknowledged BEFORE everything is torn apart...).

(Not fixing very often) Tony
74 GTV dodging mudslides in Portland