Re: (RWD/ FWD/ AWD) - one of each please!

Henry Kim said:

<<BMW 325iX (AWD)>>
<<that iX stands for iXpensive>>

I thought it was BMW 325xi, even in Canada. :P

Totally agreed with what you are saying.. any car
(AWD, FWD, RWD) can be fun..  I myself am just
biased to those which are MORE fun. ;]
(isn't this the case for most of you Alfa fans out there????)

That was my gripe with the WRX (sorry AlfaBill, I know you
like Scoobys).  It was just somewhat dry, even if it was AWD,
World Rally Champion, hada hada....
One of the most entertaining cars I ever had the chance to drive
was the mid 70's Lancia Beta HPE, which just happened to be
FWD (gasp!!) and not a "real" Lancia (e-gawd!??!?).
It isn't the point that the WRX (or many other cars out there)
would kill it on the track...  it was just damn FUN to drive.

Amazing how difficult it is to find those cars today that
make you feel all giddy when you drive em...  I'd rather
hope for Alfa to bring some cars that really just ooze
with driver appeal.. it is secondary if they are AWD,
RWD, 4WD, ZWD, twin-turbo, quad-turbo, etc...

Everyone likes to constantly talk about what Welch, Lutz,
GM, etc.. are going to do with Alfa.  Well folks, it is still
Fiat Auto in control, and hopefully a bunch of great people
like our Sandro over at Alfa are going to be the ones making
the majority of decisions, and make us some great cars.
All of a sudden US Big-3 managers are the brains behind
bringing us brilliant cars?  uh huh...  I've met incredible
people who *work* at the Big-3.. but the managers in the
last few decades havn't helped bring many domestic cars
that do it for me (or most people in the World it seems..).
I'm not bashing.. it is just a shame...

Anyway, just my opinion. ;]

ciao,
ryan
ps. this debate will even more interesting I suppose when
the cars finally arrive.