Re: alfa-digest V8 #348

Entering the fwd-rwd fray comes european man (uk actually).Having driven the GM-Vauxhall mid-engined RWD vx220,
 it does feel more responsive than my year 2000 spider (fwd).
 BUT then it is ineffect a reworked Lotus with all that entails.
 (luggage space it has none!)
 The Audi TT open top with AWD feels isolated (and that was with
 the top down) - too much technology between me and the road.
 Traction control? And it felt overweight.
 And the Turbo unobtrusive in the way the saab 900 turbo was not.
 However the reason I keep my fwd spider is I LIKE it.
 And it more than keeps up with BIg m/cs around north england roads.
 I guess given all these arguments about FWD vs RWD I ought to sell
 it and buy a 10 year old rwd spider!
 (or extend my garage and add a second spider).
Oh and the other alfa (the FWD 33) DOES handle too (as do all suds and
derivatives) - it has a low CofG with that flat four.
But then I grew up driving minis (fwd).
I thought the next spider was to be front/mid-engined rear wheel drive.
 And priced to match.
gotta buy an old rwd alfa now (spider or gtv6?)
or do I sell my fwd spider for new toyota mr2 as the spider
 is fwd, cannot be a real alfa, so I may as well get the mr2?
dd
33 1.7 QV (fwd)
Spider 2Lts (fwd) (sleeping)