Alfetta GT update

Here it is folks, another installment of the street Alfetta GT project.  Early
Saturday afternoon Webster & Jason came over to help out installing new lower
control arm bushings & lower ball joints (in stock at FoS!).  We removed the
arms from the car & took them to a friend's house that has a 12 ton press that
was up until recently used for working on British Seagull outboard motors.
The old lower control arm bushings were totally shot, as I'm sure most
original ones are.  Replacing these is really not that difficult if you have
someone with you that has done it before & you have access to a press.  The
old ones come out with a loud pop.  Once the bushings & ball joints were
removed we stuck the control arms in the parts washer & then prepared to
install the new bushings & ball joints.  I'm not going to go into all the
details now as I think we're going to do a writeup on the procedure with
_some_ pics available.  One thing to note is a 1 & >" socket is perfect for
pressing in the new ball joints.  I bought the last one Sears had for $17.00.
Oh well it will get used for the track car & Jason's Alfetta as well.

We brought all the parts back to my house to install in the car.
Unfortunately the new caster arm bushings had not arrived so we decided to
just install the control arms & call it a night (11pm).  Next morning &
breakfast at Van's Kitchen to fill our bellies.  Not much work to be done,
removed the caster rods & upper control arms & found the upper control arm
bushings to be bad, gotta call FoS to check stock on those.  Also found out my
tie rods are bad so those will need to be replaced.  I'm going to use the '81
GTV6 torsion bars & springs I was saving for the track car to reduce the body
roll / improve handling.  The original bars look like toothpicks compared to
the GTV6 bars!

Some good news is we noticed there is NO RUST on the inner fender well
anywhere or the front shock towers.  Of course the hatch is rusted through!
All in all this is a very nice '75 Alfetta minus engine for $50.00.

That's it for now, possible updates later this week or next Monday, stay
tuned.

Cheers,

Zach

Redmond, WA