FWD, RWD, AWD...

I was thinking about the thread concerning the merits/demerits of FWD,
RWD and AWD new cars on the way to work today. It occurred to me as I
cruised up 101 in my 164S, that this is an amazing time in the car
industry in terms of the level of performance and choices available at
any price point.

I saw a Ferrari 456M (it's this guy's daily driver- I see it every day
coming out of Mill Valley), BMW M5, Audi S4, Honda S2000, Porsche Turbo,
Acura RSX Type S, Subaru WRX, Civic Si and a new hi-po Corvette in a 15
mile stretch of road. I was reminded as well that we're all talking
about new cars. My daily driver is 10 years old and holding up nicely,
thank you. I'm looking forward to checking out whatever GM and Alfa
bring over here. If it excites me, is affordable, and I'm in the market
for a new car at the time, they'll get my money.  I advocate keeping an
open mind. See what GM brings over here, and make up your mind once
you've been behind the wheel. I can't ignore the current auto industry
weirdness that seems to be pushing for there to be two or three car
companies left standing in a few years, but I'm more interested in the
smiles per miles factor, while hoping to see an Alfa badge on the hood
of my next new car purchase.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA