removing oxidation

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Any suggestions as to the most successful method to cut the oxide but leave
> the underlying paint?

Try Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound.  NOT the one that comes in the shoe
polish-like container, but rather the one that comes in the lighter fluid
shaped container.  Yes, I do believe there is a difference.  I used it to
remove oxidation from my aunts red Datsun.  It removed the oxidation, but not
the paint.  On the hand, the "shoe polish" style is abrasive and will remove
paint.  Do NOT use either if your car has a clear coat.

Brian
San Carlos, CA