[no subject]

Michael,

remarks:

>due to the totally unreasonable cost of repairs required after the car
was merely 6 years old
Alfa Romeo has come a long since '91 (quality wise) I have 150.000
kilometers on my alfa 156 and experienced no defects what so ever
(except the dog that I ran over on the highway)

>the rear seat of this enormous (by European standards) sedan was
reconfigured to seat only two comfortably. Bone headed stupid to sell a
family sedan with "Executive" seating.
The biggest market for the 164 was Europe (a lot of them are still
driving around in the Netherlands) And the fast majority of the owners
used the car for business reasons, hence the reconfigured rear seat.
Also in most west-european countries the average number of kids is 2.

>I know I would be in the market for an Audi A4 if no Alfa returns to
Canada
The new Audi A4 is a nice car but in Europe you can buy an Alfa 156 2.5
V6 (220 BHP and an engine sound you would die for) for the price of an
A4 2.0. Also I think that an A4 (or any other product of the Volkswagen
Group, for that matter) has a total lack of 'cuore' ('heart' if you
don't understand italian) and if you're waring sunglasses you could
mistake it for an A6.

My advise would be wait for alfa's return to NA I think it'll be worth
the wait!

Frank Claasen
Netherlands
'74 Giulia GT 1600 Junior