Re: SCCA Autocrossing

I just spoke to Howard Duncan and explained to him
that an Alfetta GT is the same basic layout as a GTV6
with less power. He has researched the car on the
internet and agrees that it should be in FSP with the
Sport Sedan. He said we need to lobby the board this
year by writing letters requesting the
reclassification.

The letters need to describe the weight of the car,
drivetrain,  motor displacement, horsepower etc...
Also mention that how the Alfetta GT is similar to the
Alfetta Sport sedan and that it is currently in FSP. A
comparision to the GTV6 would be appropriate as well
since that car is DSP, thus why put the same car with
less power and torque in a class higher.

We should get together to write the letter to read
basically the same before approaching the board. I
would be willing to receive drafts from all interested
parties and pen one official letter to be submitted.

Howard thinks this change can be accomplished, but
will not be effective until the 2003 calendar year.

John Holliday

1979 Alfetta Sprint Veloce
http://greetings.yahoo.com