Broken Spica Injector Line

About 1200 miles ago my Spica equipped GTV suffered a broken fuel line for
the #4 injector.  This hard metal fuel line broke at the injection pump
right above the "nipple" at or under the "cap" which secures it to the
pump's "tower".   Fortunately I had a spare, and the repair was
surprisingly easy.  When I replaced the line I was careful to connect both
ends and tighten gradually to avoid stressing the line, and all of the
intermediate clamps between the pump and the injector were properly
installed.   The pump appears to be properly mounted, including the rear
bracket which connects the pump to the engine mount studs.

Today, I once again broke the new #4 fuel line was in the same place.  I've
driven Spica Alfas for 15 years and never had this kind of failure until
now, twice in 1200 miles on the same car (after 10,000 miles since
acquisition).   This seems to be more than a coincidence!  Any ideas of
what might be going on?  Can these lines be overtightened?  The only bit of
(perhaps) relevant info I can add is that in both occasions the car was run
at WOT in 5th gear for a few miles prior to the failure, however, this is
not the only time the car was run under such conditions during this period...

Thanks, //kct