re: '51 & o4 / 05 comparison

Must say if asked to choose I'd prefer the red car design but those wheel well
flairs got to go. The sides of the blue car seem much better integrated. I
find the front of the red car more pleasing in most every way, grill, air
intakes, and spoilers. Headlights seem pretty much as mirror images of each
other but on the blue car they emphasize the nose making the whole thing look
like a Dodge. Placed as on the red car the look more captures the spirit of
the '51 and provides a more complex front. Wish that if all these
manufacturers are going to put some hoop rollover device in their designs that
they at least be track legal. Enlarging those on the red car could make them
functional for both safety and comfort (wind deflection). Mirrors on the red
car look butt ugly. Seems like about a year ago there were some more radical
designs floating around. I'm surprised to see glass in the wing window
position on the red car; one would assume that it must be fixed. The more I
look at these two designs I find the red car more pleasing and worthy of
extended second looks. The blue car just doesn't hold my interest.

A prosperous New Year to all of you.

And for those in the NW an active and safe 2002 track season. Wow, we've got
11 dates plus whatever the Oregon club has cooked up. How about an AROO -
NWARC challenge cup?

Emmo